The Company is committed to Corporate Social Responsibility by integrating it as part of its overall business operations.
During the year, the Company embarked on the following CSR activities:-
On 29th November 2018, the volunteers from Toyota Tsusho (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. ("TTMSB") and 34 children from Good Samaritan Home had participated the Fun Learning Education Tour to Malacca ("Education Tour") organized by TTMSB.
The objectives of this Education Tour are as follows:-
- to give an exposure to the children from Good Samaritan Home on the preservation and conservation of mother nature;
- to instill the sense of art and creativity among the children; and
- to have a different experience in learning the history of Malacca and Malaysia.
The participants have visited the Mamee's factory, Mamee's Jonker House and took part in the river cruise and historical walk along the Malacca Heritage Trail.
This Education Tour was beneficial to all the participants and received positive feedback from the participants.
Toyota Tsusho (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd ("TTMSB") collaborated with Community Recycle for Charity ("CRC") on reduce, reuse and recycle - 3R awareness campaign ("3R Campaign") which was held on 22nd November 2018 and 23rd November 2018 at Wisma Lim Foo Yong.
The objectives of this 3R Campaign are as follows:-
- to create and/or increase the 3R awareness;
- to educate and encourage the practice of 3R in daily life; and
- to save our Mother Nature from pollution.
All collected unused/recycled items will be donated to those who in need either in the form of goods or monetary.
At the end of this 3R Campaign, the representative from CRC presented a souvenir to Mr. Iichiro Sadamoto, the Managing Director of TTMSB and Mr. Jun Sugimoto, the Head of Corporate Division as token of appreciation.
On 25th September 2018, Mr. Iichiro Sadamoto, the Managing Director of Toyota Tsusho (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd ("TTMSB") and eleven (11) employees visited the POBP Dayspring Selangor ("Dayspring") as volunteers for the workshop on good posture ("Workshop") conducted by Dayspring and its students.
The aim of the Workshop is to provide information to their students about the correct posture for the daily activities and ways to improve their posture on sitting, standing, walking, lifting goods and sleeping.
At the end of the Workshop, Mr. Iichiro Sadamoto presented the mock cheque worth RM4,881.25 as total contribution of TTMSB to Dayspring which is inclusive of a TV set and other ancillary expenses for the Workshop to the principal of Dayspring.
Toyota Tsusho (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. ("TTMSB") had organized a blood donation campaign ("Campaign") in cooperation with the National Blood Bank which was held on 21st September 2018 at Wisma Lim Foo Yong.
There were a total of twenty six (26) successful donors participated in this Campaign.
Living and Prospering together with people, society and the Earth, we aim to be a value-generating corporation that contributes to the creation of a prosperous society.
As a good corporate citizen, we will
- Implement open and fair corporate activities.
- Fulfill our social responsibilities and conserve the global environment.
- Offer creativity and provide added value.
- Respect people and create a responsive workplace striving to achieve job satisfaction.
In consideration of stake holder expectations and interests, and the group's potential economic, environmental and social impact. Toyota Tsusho subcategorizes its CSR initiatives into four field and identifies the priorities it must uphold in conducting sustainable business activities.
As a good corporate citizen, we will
- Safety - Promotes occupational health and safety initiatives that are designed to ensure the continuity of operations by ensuring the safety of all people who work at Toyota Tsusho Corporation.
- Environment - All executive and employees participate in environmental activities to promote this policy.
- Human Resources - Aim to become a value-creating company that contributes to the creation of prosperous society.
- Social Contribution - Pursue activities along three key themes, Education (People), Earth (Environment), and Welfare (Society).